Before deciding if an in-depth Evaluation is needed it is recommended to first conduct an Assessment survey that is designed to illuminate areas you might have issues with or will encounter when servicing the older client. The purpose of the Assessment is to gauge the strength of your business foundation. Your company may need a simple remodel or a complete restructuring requiring an in-depth Evaluation.
The Assessment Survey is individualized for each client to ensure that all aspects of the client’s environment are taken into consideration and accurately reflect the current and future environment.
The good news is that an Assessment requires less digging into sensitive proprietary data but it is imperative that all questions are answered fully and accurately.
Assessment Survey to determine how stable is your current foundation
- Identify areas of weaknesses
- Identify areas of strengths
- Industry climate
- Sample client interviews
- Sample staff interviews
- Client identified
- Management identified
What is a Business Evaluation?
The Evaluation takes into consideration past, present and projected future data and compares that data with your future goals and past accomplishments. All the data (listed below) will be collected and analyzed and this analysis will then be compared to how the aging population might impact your goals and how you might service them or attract them as future customers. RALS takes the findings and designs strategies on how best you might achieve your stated goals. Depending on the objective(s) revealed in the Business Assessment RALS will employ the right analysis format that best fits the situation.
The first step to a Business Evaluation is Discovery, the initial interview process that outlines the perceived problems, if any, the work objectives, timeline, audience, key players, and their respective roles. The next step will be to perform a Business Assessment (see Business Assessments). After the Business Assessment is completed it is at this juncture it may be decided that a more in-depth Business Evaluation is called for in which case the Business Assessment will be used to set the parameters and framework of the Evaluation. If a full Business Evaluation is performed the cost of the Business Assessment will be credited back to the Evaluation cost.
- Discovery (Client Goals & Objectives set)
- Business Assessment (Cost TBD by Goal)
- RALS (delivers 2-3 page report)
- Discovery (Clent Goals & Objectives set)
- Business Assessment (cost credited back)
- Client/RALS agree on “scope of work”
- Contract (cost agreed upon)
- Data collection & Analysis
- Summary Report
- RALS Strategy suggestions
The evaluation will at a minimum include:
- Preapproved client survey
- Survey of non-clients with varying characteristic profiles
- On-site visual design and structural reports
- Survey and interviews with your staff
- 1:1 interviews with industry experts
- 1:1 interviews with “key” players
- Competitive Analysis
- Market Analysis
- National research as it pertains to the senior market and your stated goals
- Summary report
- Suggested Strategies